NYFW as an intern part three

Friday, September 23, 2016





Earlier in the week I received an email from Vivenne Hu's PR Assistant asking me if I could help with her show. So I came back to New York for the day with my sister and mom, they went to see a show on Broad Way and I had a couple of hours to spare so I went to explore. My first stop was the NYFW Pop-Up Shop! The shop had items that you could purchase right from the runway, free Maybeline make-up, champagne and a bunch of other cool things to do and see. My favorite was the Bradley Theodore mural, I have just started following his work earlier this year he does such amazing things and I wish I could have that exact mural on my wall at home! Then I stopped for a cup of coffee and then headed to The Artbeam.
My call time was 3pm and when I got there I honestly had no idea what to do. But I got assigned to a model with two other girls who were awesome, our job was to steam and make sure that our looks were ready to go for the show. The models did a rehearsal walk through an hour before the show began, myself and the two other girls had to make sure that our model was in each look when it was her time to walk. It really wasn't as easy as it looked.. But once it was time for her to officially walk everything went perfect. I was so in love with Vivenne Hu's collection, I saw about 15 pieces that I wanted to purchase.
I am so happy that I got to help out at two very different show's for my first fashion week. The experience and networking was so amazing and if any one is on the fence about interning at fashion week you should definitely go for it. It was a once in a life time opportunity, I met so many amazing people and gained so many useful tips.

You Might Also Like

0 comments