DIY Holiday Mantel Decor

Friday, December 01, 2017

HAPPY DECEMBER Y'ALL! 
Who is as excited as I am?!
A couple of weeks ago, I posted this lovely DIY holiday mantel piece to my Insta Story. I got tons of love & people asking me how to make their own... so here we go.
I must mention shout out to Alex Garza for the inspo!
Secondly, this was not done in my apartment but in my best friends beautiful new loft! We had such a fun day filled with coffee, shopping, Chick Fila & creating this master piece.

Grab some your favorite festive drink & have fun while creating this.
Here's mine :) 

So this is where it all started, at Michaels. Michael's is the best place. They are always having deals, the price match anything & they have the cutest decor. 
1. We laid garland across the mantel. Make sure to spread out the branches!
2. Added LED lights to the garland. You can use any christmas lights but I think LED is better for this because you can just tuck the batter pack behind the garland.
3. This part can be a little difficult & I recommend wire cutters (which we didn't have). Start separating the 'add ins' so that it is easier to place in the garland. I would also suggest laying down a towel or blanket because it tends to get very messy & glittery. 
4. Start adding in all of your pieces. This part is so fun because this is where you get to play around and make it your own. Our technique for this was to add the bigger pieces first in certain spots and then incorporate the smaller pieces.
TIP: I think add a can of frost to the garland & pine cones will only make your piece better!
For the falling sides just leave them bare with lights.


& thats it! See it is super easy to make and will be the perfect statement piece for all of your holiday parties. 























































































You Might Also Like

0 comments